Natural Air Freshener
This homemade air freshener recipe is inexpensive, easy, and much healthier than common synthetic air fresheners. This air freshener recipe is a safe and aromatic way to freshen up the air in your home or work space, without the toxins. Essential oils do more than just make your home smell nice; many offer antiviral, antifungal and even antibiotic properties.
- 1½ - 2 cups distilled water
- 1 tablespoon of witch hazel
- 5 - 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Lavender for a calming effect
- Lemongrass/Orange for an energy boost
- Eucalyptus for a clean, fresh scent
- In a small bowl, stir together the baking soda and essential oils. Transfer the witch hazel to a spray bottle and then fill the remainder of the spray bottle with water. Shake well.
- Use the air freshener in all rooms of your house or office, paying special attention to closet spaces, the kitchen, and bathrooms.