Natural Shoe Deodorizer
Many essential oils have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which allow them to kill the odor causing bacteria in your shoes. Essential oils also have the added benefit of smelling nice.
The best essential oils to use are:
- Tea tree
- witch hazel: helps get rid of foot and shoe odor due to its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- distilled water: very inexpensive way to dilute the spray and make it last longer (if you’d like you can omit the water and use double the amount of witch hazel instead)
- essential oils: smell great, deodorize, and clean due to their antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties
(Measurments vary depending on bottle size.)
- In a spray bottle (3oz), add witch hazel (2oz), distilled water (1oz) and 15-30 drops of essential oils.
- Close the bottle and shake well to combine.
- Remove the shoe soles.
- Spray the insides of your shoes enough to make them slightly damp, but not enough to soak them. Let the shoes sit for at least 12 hours before wearing them again to ensure that they are completely dry.
- Enjoy the smell of clean shoes.