Self-care is not a luxury. It's a necessity.
There are 6 aspects of self-care & how you get your power back.
Feul for the body. Physical self-care involves ensuring an overall healthy lifestyle that includes eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and implementing exercise. The key is to obtain an enjoyable routine.
- Ideas: Exercise, yoga, bike ride, eat more vegetables and fruits, etc.
Involves becoming more mindful of your thinking patterns, and finding ways to improve. Take time for personal awareness and reflection.
- Ideas: Journaling, writing, cooking, painting, etc.
When practising spiritual self-care, you are nourishing the soul, striving for inner peace, and seeking purpose. Practice gratitude and be aware of the non-material aspects of your life. Identify what is meaningful to you in your work and life.
- Ideas: Meditation, nature walk, donation, volunteer, etc.
Nourishing and challenging the mind. An expansion of knowledge, learning a new skill and developing your mind. Cultivate self-awareness through things where you have the opportunity to grow, learn, and reflect.
- Ideas: Reading, learning a language, podcasts, informing documentaries, etc.
This type of self-care looks different to everyone. It might include setting clear boundaries for your time and energy. Engage in healthy emotional connections and surround yourself with positive, like-minded people.
- Ideas: Spending time with loved ones, reconnecting, conversing with new, intriguing people, etc.
Nourish your senses - sight, smell, touch, taste, and sound. Find an effective way of staying balanced, present, positive and strong.
- Ideas: Diffusing essential oils, burning your favourite scented candle, listening to music, eating your favourite meal, etc.